- Excellent high frequency response for true full-range applications
- Dual neodymium motor to create a symmetrical magnetic field for superb control
- Large copper cap lowers distortion while improving high frequency response
- Remarkably flat full-range response with excellent off axis performance
- Exclusive 8-spoke open frame design provides extensive venting and minimal reflection
- DIY friendly, oversized mounting flange makes installation simple
- Matching tunable passive radiators also available!
Providing high efficiency with low distortion, Dayton Audio's DMA45-4 1.5" aluminum cone full-range is an ideal driver for use in many of today's modern speaker designs. Whether you are designing a portable Bluetooth speaker, sound bar, compact desktop speaker, or even a high output line array the DMA45-4 is the perfect full-range for the job.
Designed for the highest performance while delivering maximum value, the no compromise design of the DMA45-4 produces true full-range output capability with minimal distortion. The motor uses dual neodymium magnets creating a strong and symmetrical magnetic field providing high efficiency with excellent cone control. The magnet assembly also includes a large copper cap and sleeve to lower inductance and distortion resulting in improved high frequency response. The 2-layer 0.75" voice coil is wound on an vented polyimide former providing excellent heat dissipation for high power handling and low power compression. A rubber surround and large spider keeps the lightweight aluminum cone linear with superb mechanical damping. In addition, the aluminum dust cap is attached directly to the voice coil former to improve high frequency response with terrific off axis performance. Holding everything together is a proprietary 8-spoke frame with an extremely open design that has extensive venting under the spider and ample room for high excursion.
Furthermore, Dayton Audio designed the frame for all the DMA Series with DIY speaker builders in mind. The oversized mounting flange means that no precision cutouts are necessary. To ensure an easy installation, the terminals are oriented in such a way that no odd cutouts or notches are needed for connector or wire clearance. Finally, the corners have a 1/8" radius, meaning that for flush mounting you can get a perfect fit using any standard 1/4" straight cut router bit.